Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

#56: Pilot Spider

The story of why I made this spider is really boring. I had made all of these glass word-definition baubles of various words like "memory" (see Day 23 in archives) and "hope" (see Day 27 in archives). But when I came upon "always" amongst my beading pieces, I didn't really know what to do with it until my friend Jenni and I had a bead swap and she gave me a brass charm of an airplane. Remember the 1989 Spielberg movie "Always"? It was the first thing to come to mind. It was sort of a flop as far as Spielberg movies go, and as a 15-year-old, the movie probably didn't mean much for me being that it was about the ghost of a dead pilot longing for a woman, and her grief over losing him.

But I also thought that a pilot spider could be sort of a talisman. Like the google-eye pom-pom critters with sticky feet that people used to adhere to their car dashboards, this spider could reside in the cockpit of a plane like a little traveling buddy.

Materials: brass airplane charm, glass dictionary pendant made with black baking clay, gold bugle beads, gold seed beads, black E beads, gold wire