Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

#88: Playhouse Spider

You all know what to do anytime someone says the secret word, right?

If you're not a fan of Pee-Wee's Playhouse or Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, I probably don't know you. If you've never envied Pee-Wee's red bike with the lion horn, I probably don't WANT to know you. I watched Pee-Wee's Playhouse every Saturday morning with my brother, much to my mother's chagrin. She particularly had a problem with Miss Yvonne's "pajamas" when Pee-Wee had a slumber party in the playhouse (and in this same episode, Pee-Wee marries a bowl of fruit salad after he is jokingly told to marry it for loving it so much), but Pee-Wee has always been about subtle adult humor mixed in with the other good stuff. The show wouldn't be the same without Miss Yvonne; Lynne Marie Stewart has weathered the storm with Pee-Wee and currently appears in the Broadway show.

When I caught The Pee-Wee Herman Show on Broadway aired on HBO last month, I realized Paul Reubens still has it, "it" being talent up the Zyzzybalubah. The show is just as funny now as it was 20+ years ago. I wish I could share with you a picture of my brother dressed as Pee-Wee for Halloween one year and yukking it up with a Pee-Wee laugh imitation. That would be the icing on the cake.

To have a little fun with the launch of this spider, I'm giving away 7 one-inch Pee-Wee buttons that I purchased from Café Press featuring a disheartened Pee-Wee with Texas sign and runaway satchel in hand, moping on the side of the road from Pee-Wee's Big Adventure...but you have to share your favorite Pee-Wee quote to get one (and like I said, there are only 7). I don't make monkeys. I just train 'em.

Materials: painted stone bead, painted metal bow connector, pearl bead, gray glass bugle beads, metallic seed beads, gray E beads, oval pearl beads, silver wire