Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

#34: Computer Geek Spider


It was so much fun to completely dismantle an old Apple iBook (with the help of my neighbor Charles, who had lots of teeny tiny screwdrivers) to get my grubby little spider fingers on some cool pieces of circuit board, LED lighting, speakers, magnets, and more--all in miniature--that will come in handy for spiders. The laptop had sung its last song, so at least some of the fragments get an encore in my spider world.

This might be my most unique spider in that it least resembles an actual spider. I wanted to use both green and metal beads to keep with the circuit board look, and I came up with the idea of alternating the colors of the beads to be opposite on one side of the spider from the other. The head of the spider is a battery.

Materials: circuit board, battery, light green bugle beads, silver bugle beads, light green seed beads, silver glass seed beads, "frog eye" green/black E beads, light green floral wire