Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

#100: Celebration Spider!




Day 100 snuck up on me...sort of the way spiders do! I have only begun to slightly struggle with ideas for my daily spider, so getting to day 100 is like having stepped off the dock and really set forward on my journey. I'm still so far from halfway.

Way back when I first thought about what it would take to get to the 100th day, I knew I would have to do something special. But until yesterday, I didn't know what that "special" would be...until I stumbled upon these flashing mouth lights at Party City. A spider that lights up! I first considered completely removing the piece that lights up, but because it was encased in a flexible plastic mouth guard sort of thing, I had the body of the spider all ready for me. I just used kitchen shears to remove everything surrounding the circular light-up piece. I used my most glittery, faceted beads for the rest of the body, then painted the flexible plastic part with layers of glitter glue and glued several rhinestones to the surface. There is a very tiny button inside the circular cavity just beneath my lower-most large rhinestone so that when I press it, the spider lights up. Presto. It really is magical. 100 days down...265 left to go.

Materials: flashing mouth light, glitter glue, rhinestones, large faceted clear/silver bead, faceted crystal, clear bugle beads, clear seed beads, clear round beads, silver wire