Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

#105: Biological Aesthetics Spider

Okay, first of all, I might just as well have called this the Spiny Spider or Holes-in-My-Fingers Spider (I will explain momentarily), but this spider is named for a YorkArts Gallery exhibition this coming September. The deadline has passed, but they're still accepting submissions, and I'm trying to do a bunch of artist prep stuff that I've never done before to get it ready by tomorrow. Fingers crossed that I won't have to change the name of this spider.

A note regarding safety when trying to use a Dremel to drill a 1/32-inch hole into 24 pieces of dead Scottish Broom twigs that are about 1/16 inch in diameter: Use pliers or some other pinchy device other than two of your fingers to hold the twigs so as to avoid the Dremel having a mind of its own and veering out the side of a twig piece and into your fingers...twice. This is all hypothetical of course. I mean, perhaps you're smart enough to be prepared with goggles and other tools and don't even need my advice on such matters. I just thought I'd throw it out there.

Materials: Um...someone will identify the seed, yes?; wood beads, Scottish broom twig segments, brown and champagne glass seed beads, silver wire