Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

#101: School Spirit Spider

As Fun Week at my daughters' school winds down, I have been recalling my own grade-school's dress-up days during Homecoming week and then again in the spring around spring break: wild hair day, pajama day, backward day, you name it. One year, I won a free pass to the school dance for having the craziest hair. It was an impromptu moment of having someone rat my hair with a brush right before Mrs. Halsey's morning class started.

Our Fridays were always to dress in school colors. The Ogilvie lions were orange and black, and my mom helped me craft a lion tail to pin to the back of my jeans. I vividly remember stuffing it with Poly-Fil and then sewing orange unraveled macrame yarn to the end for the fur. My girls' school is gold and black, and they're the lion cubs until they get into middle and high school when the mascot changes to lion.

I am looking forward to seeing some old friends from school this summer during a camping trip in WI, so this spider comes at a time when I'm feeling a little nostalgic.

Materials: black plastic bead, round orange glass bead, black faceted bead, orange and black bugle beads, orange and black seed beads, silver wire