Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

#113: Galactic Spider


I saved lots and lots (but evidently not enough) of tiny screws when I took apart our Macintosh ibook to save for parts. I had it in my head that they would be really cool glued backward to something. Today I was inspired to glue them to a focal bead for a death star spider, but I decided when all was said and done that it wasn't as "death star" as I wanted it to be, so maybe I'll save that idea for later. Still, gluing all of these little screws to a bead with E-6000 glue, then painting it all silver, then very carefully trying to bead the rest of the spider without knocking a screw loose (heh, heh) was a bit of a challenge. The bead looks like a miniature futuristic metropolis, and I can picture Luke Skywalker zooming in between the tall buildings with his star cruiser, but let's stick with "galactic."

Materials: plastic bead, screws, silver paint, silver focal beads, silver bugle beads, silver seed beads, silver sparkle beads, silver wire