Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

#121: Octo Spider


Like any smart craftsman, before I removed the tentacles on this awesome plastic octopus, I made a mold of my undersea cephalopod. The tentacles will be used for earrings at some point, and I'm now able to make octopuses for other projects, namely the antiqued octopus necklace from page 55 of Altered Curiosities: Assemblage Techniques and Projects (Wynn, 2007).

This octo spider resembles an octopus more than a spider. For the first time since starting my spider project, I constructed the legs differently. I used a high-gauge wire and added more seed beads to help resemble suckers. Rather than being jointed like a spider's, the legs are curved like an octopus's.

Materials: plastic octopus toy, matte coral-colored wire, coral bugle bead pieces, peach seed beads