Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

#53: Bubblegum Spider


Bear Grylls would probably think this was a delicacy, but the most colorful spiders are usually the most dangerous. I debated what to call this spider because when I first saw the cluster-of-beads bead, it made me think of atoms and molecules. For a spider, however, I couldn't make the bead look scientific. It just had more of a cartoon bubblegum look.

I took a picture of this spider sitting on some really fantastic endpapers of an old children's storybook called Treat Shop (Johnson, 1954) that my mom found at a yard sale. I love children's books that are saturated with 50s and 60s picture book illustrations, and the hot pink endpapers with yellow line art of street shops is one of the snappiest things about Treat Shop

Materials: bead cluster, multicolored and semiprecious round beads, round silver spacers, rose glass bugle beads, silver wire