Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

#66: Baseball Spider

Do you know that Major League Baseball season starts today? Yeah, it's true. And I hope the Twins stick it to everyone. I made this spider in honor of a long-time American tradition but also to glorify my home team. There are a couple of things I love about this spider: 1) I found, by chance, the bat, ball, and glove charms that are used as the spider's leg, head, and well, glove, respectively, and 2) I used an old Twins vs. Yankees game ticket from my poor excuse for a scrapbook. The home game took place on September 7 (my husband's birthday) in 1991, the last time the Twins won the World Series. They were upper deck seats with my mom, brother, and sister, but the tickets were a mere $3. That's not just cheap; that's dirt cheap.

Back then, I loved so many players on the team. Gagne, Gladden, Hrbeck, Knoblauch, Puckett....oh, man, remember Kirby Puckett?? Yes, I know you do. The way they would call his name and he would strut up to the base. You were almost sure he'd hit a home run every time. You hoped he would. You never lost faith even when he didn't. And now a legend is gone.

But this spider is here, and he'll carry the torch.

Materials: pendant; baseball ticket; baseball, bat, glove, and star charms; red, blue, and gray bugle beads; silver seed beads; red and blue E beads; silver wire