Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

MISS WORLD 2011 is VENEZUELA

The new Miss World Ivian SARCOS from Venezuela, was crowned on 6Nov 2011

A woman who spent five years studying in a nunnery and once dreamt of becoming a nun has been crowned Miss World 2011.

Miss Venezuela, Ivian Lunasol Sarcos Colmenares, beat contestants from 113 countries to the coveted title after impressing the judges in the categories of beach beauty, top model, talent, sports, and beauty with a purpose - where the contestants must demonstrate involvement in a charity project.

Ms Sarcos Colmenares, 21, was orphaned at a young age and spent five years studying at a nunnery. She dreamt of becoming a nun but her life took a different direction, as she gained a degree in human resources and worked for a broadcasting company before becoming a beauty queen.




She was the favourite for the Miss World title going into the final at Earls Court, London, yesterday evening but reacted with delight and disbelief when she was announced as the winner of the famous beauty pageant. Now she said she wants to use her title to help other people. She said: 'Winning means everything to me and I hope to take advantage of being a winner in a productive manner. 

I’m unbelievably happy to have won and there are some incredible girls. I first and foremost want to help people in need. I would like to help people like me. I am an orphan. I would also like to help the elderly and troubled teenagers. As many people as I can.

'Unfortunately I lost both my parents at a very young age which led me to study for five years in a nunnery. I spent my five years in there and my dream was to become a nun.'