Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

#281: Sugar Skull Spider


Abby's spider
Happy All Saints' Day! Here's a sugar skull spider to celebrate the Day of the Dead. It even glows in the dark. I Googled sugar skulls to try and come up with a neat design that I could sketch on this baked clay skull with Sharpie markers. It's not easy to work with such a small surface area, but I think the colors do it justice. I made a second sugar skull spider (actually, a better one!) that I sent to Abby Davis who maintains skulladay.blogspot.com.

Materials: glow-in-the-dark baking clay; permanent ink; transparent glitter sealant; plastic flowers/beads; black plastic beads; black bugle beads; coral E beads; pink, teal, and yellow seed beads; silver wire
Sculpting the baking clay into a skull