Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

#16: Weaving Spider

I took a weaving class in college, and it definitely wasn't as much fun as I thought it would be. Setting up a loom is a hell of job, and the designs can be tedious. Perhaps that is why I never ventured into quilting. But I thought it would be fun to make a weaving spider using this really neat wire jewelry frame that I've never found a use for. I used leftovers of embroidery floss for the fibers, a large needle as the shuttle, and a toothpick as a heddle. Working in miniature meant a much quicker job, especially since I didn't plan to weave the whole "loom." I wanted it to look like a work in progress. I matched the color of the beads to the embroidery floss, which resulted in a really vibrant spider.

Materials: jewelry frame pendant, embroidery thread, colorful glass bugle beads, plastic E and seed beads, wire