Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

#9: Kokopelli Spider

I knew that Kokopelli was a fertility deity, but the detailed background and history of Kokopelli on Wikipedia is very interesting: "Among the Hopi, Kokopelli carries unborn children on his back and distributes them to women." My newest spider pin features Kokopelli on its back, but no one should be handing out children willy nilly, particularly Hopi gods and spiders.

I believe the Kokopelli pendant that I used for this spider came from a necklace that my husband had in college. Kokopelli as a spiky-haired flute player is such a common image in our culture that his anthropological meaning is often missed by most of us. We would be most apt to discover him next to the incense in a head shop.

Materials: pendant, black glass bugle beads, rainbow seed/E beads, other glass beads, silver wire