Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

#29: Creepy Doll Spider

Another diabolical hatchling from my craft lair!

I don't know how I ended up with the strange little painted doll torso, but I worked from that piece to find the other remnants that would make her into a perfect spider. It was a stroke of luck that I was able to find some vintage bugle beads that matched the skin tone of the doll. For the hand, I used peach baking clay and another of my recently obtained clay molds of doll parts. I torched a small piece of copper mesh to wrap around the two adhered body parts and some copper foil-wrapped wire and a vintage shell button to hold it all together. I was going for creepy but ended up with something better defined as primitive. I guess the challenge will be to come up with something even creepier down the road.

Materials: vintage doll piece, baking clay, copper mesh, shell button, copper gear, peach bugle beads, copper faceted glass beads, peach seed beads, gold wire