Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

#24: Watchful Spider

I wanted this spider to be both purposeful and pretty...if a spider can be pretty. But here is a little known fact about me: I can't actually wear watches. (Well, who does anymore?) Within a couple of weeks, the battery is dead. It's a rather strange phenomenon that I discovered in college when I bought an expensive Van Gogh watch that I had been coveting but then had to keep returning to the store to tell them the battery had died. After the third battery, I gave up. I had the same success rate with other watches afterward, so I stopped wearing a watch.

Melvin Morse, author of Transformed by the Light, suggests the eerie idea that people who make watches stop may have had a near-death experience. Cue Twilight Zone music now! I have heard that it has something to do with levels of electromagnetism that a person possesses. Who knows? There are people who claim that computer hard drives fail and light bulbs burn out in their presence, but a Google search indicates a lot of conjecture and hypothesizing but no real firm research or findings. For me, the whole watch problem is just a nuisance. And if you're wondering about this spider--yes, the battery is dead.

Materials: watch with dead battery, metal bugle beads, Swarovski crystal bead, iridescent E beads, metal seed beads, silver wire