Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

#32: Agate Spider


Growing up off of a long dirt road in small-town Minnesota affords a convenient and ample environment for looking for agates, which I have many memories of doing with my brother. We each had an empty ice cream pail or coffee can that we would take with us when we walked up one side of the dirt road, then down the other, watching carefully for flints of red. For a time, even my dad had the hobby of collecting agates and polishing them in a rock tumbler or buying them pre-polished from a rock shop. So it's no wonder at all that I had the idea for an agate spider. It's even made with a small agate that I found in my dad's fishing tackle box two summers ago.

Materials: synthetic agate pendant, agate with bead cap, round agate beads, vintage peach bugle beads, brass seed beads, gold wire.