Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

#19: Navigator Spider

I grew up on an acre of land out in the country that was surrounded by fenced-off pasture, and my brother and I frequently went for nature walks beyond the fence line to look for interesting rocks and leaves, to set up forts, and to imagine ancient Indian burial grounds. Summertime was spent outdoors, so many of my childhood memories, if they aren't about playing catch or batting a ball with my brother, are about being out in the thick of those trees, standing under a grove of pine trees in an inch of browned needles, climbing rocks, picking snail shells out of  swamp water. We got to know those trees well enough that I could close my eyes, spin in circles, and still know where to go when I opened my eyes. This toy compass spider makes me think of that time in my life.

Materials: toy compass, green glass beads, gray and green glass bugle beads, silver wire