Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

#163: Bob Staake Spider




I can't say enough about how much I adore Bob Staake. His illustrations and children's stories are favorites in my house. And he's an all-around great guy, of course, not withstanding his aversion to marzipan and obsession with midgets. When I realized he was coming out with a book called "Bugs Galore" (Candlewick Press, spring 2012),  it seemed to be a good opportunity to make a spider in his honor. Bob's work is full of bright, geometric, retro goodness, so I hope that this spider captures all of those things. And if it doesn't, at least it was fun to make, although I sacrificed the last of my small drill bits to make it!

Materials: clothespin, acrylic paint, baking clay, black head pins, green glass beads, powder blue and black bugle beads, lime green and red seed beads, rusted wire