Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

#179: Bat Spider



After removing the plastic wings from this bat for the Purple People-Eater Spider, I used black wire-edged ribbon for new and better wings.  First I glued one edge of the ribbon to the top edge of the bat's arms. Then, I brushed on black glitter glue to the areas where I would be cutting. (This keeps the ribbon from fraying when you cut it.) Then I traced where I would cut the ribbon. (free tip: a watercolor pencil works just as well as a transfer pencil and comes in so many more colors than just violet purple or white. Just lick and write, lick and write. I improvise all the time.) After trimming the wings to perfect bat-like winginess, I used my trusty Dremel (I really need a holster for it) to drill a hole through the chest of the bat for my wires (the spider legs). The rest is history.

Materials: plastic bat toy, black ribbon, black glitter glue, iridescent black bugle beads, black seed beads, silver wire