Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

#165: Dr. Who Spider






Typically, you're either a die hard Dr. Who fan...or not one at all. But I've always been a wannabe, completely mesmerized by the swirly Dr. Who credits and bizarre theme music. At the very least, I have a favorite doctor, and I think it's clear who my favorite doctor is. For those of you who MUST HAVE the tardis template or information about knitting your own Dr. Who scarf (note: I did not knit the scarf; I printed the color scheme on transfer paper and ironed it onto flannel, then cut it to size), here is the link to each: Tardis Paper Model and Dr. Who Scarf.

Let me also point out that I had no idea the scarf was so blinking long!! In pictures of the good doctor wearing his scarf, it's wound around his neck and then extends almost to his feet. That's crazy! That's a good way to trip and fall or get hurt, as I'm sure his mother warned him.

So basically, I printed the template in miniature size, cut a piece of wood to fit, drilled out a hole for the booth light (which I painted blue), and glued everything on, including the top and bottom pieces, which are made from baking clay. I used a clear coat to seal the exterior. I tied the scarf around and through the legs and glued it in place. I think this spider actually looks better standing up--so very Dr. Who.


Materials: wooden block, printed template, baking clay, battery-operated light, flannel, iron-on transfer paper, glue and clear sealant, various colored bugle and seed beads (browns and blues, mostly), green floral wire