Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

#187: Prehistoric Spider

I've figured out that a great place to find potential spider components for next to nothing is at the dollar store. Although I prefer to recycle pieces in order to make my spiders, paying $1 for a piece sure beats spending money on Etsy, then on shipping, for a bead/charm/pendant. I've tried to keep to ideas that allow me to pick things from nature or the recycling bin. That's not always easy. 

I found dinosaur skeletons at Dollar Tree that actually would be fun for numerous projects. I saved a T-Rex skeleton for craft room decor, and I chopped up a pterodactyl for this spider. I gave the "bones" a bit more depth by sponging on an ivory color, then dabbing a dark bronze onto some areas for a more fossilized look. 

Materials: plastic toy dinosaur piece, ivory crackle bead, ivory bugle beads, multi-tone metallic seed beads, gold wire