Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

#158: Flying Purple People Eater Spider


The most loathsome, most fearsome, most vile of all spiders--in fact, the villain of all spiders--is the one-eyed, one-horned flying purple people eater spider. The spider part? They kinda left that out. Don't laugh. It's not even funny.

Picture taken with the TiltShift Generator iPhone app.
I wanted to make a purple spider, but as with all of my spiders, I would need to come up with a name. It's fairly natural for one's mind to wander to the "Purple People Eater" song, which is how my creation spawned an eye, a horn, and a pair of wings. Honestly, I didn't know how I was going to do the wings until I was at the dollar store with my kids and spotted plastic insects and "backyard creatures" in bags. This is my fourth winged spider (I think)--the first being the Golden Snitch, the second being a tooth fairy spider, the third being an angel spider, and I do have plans for more. This spider ranks among my favorites. Sometimes, the pieces come together so easily and perfectly as they did with this one.

Materials: purple plastic beads, purple and green glass eye bead, purple clay horn, black plastic bat wings, black bugle beads, purple and lime green seed beads, silver wire