Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

#157: Flatware Spider

I bought this children's flatware, consisting of a silver spoon and stainless steel forks, used from Etsy and only had to crank on the handles a little bit to get them to break off and then work on the tines to get them to bend in a spidery way. (And now I have some handles for making spoon rings.) I borrowed my trusty neighbor Charles's metal files to rub away the rough edges. But I wasn't ambitious enough to try something like welding or soldering to put these pieces together, so E-6000 glue saved the day, and I dressed up the spider by wrapping wire and beads around the whole thing, which seems to be a very popular way of decorating flatware these days.

Materials: vintage spoon, two children's forks, bead cap, decorative head pin, green floral wire, various colored glass beads