Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

#141: Punched Tin Spider

I've made so many spiders by this point that I see spiders in all sorts of objects...like the aluminum tab on an easy-open coffee can. Greta brought home (from school) an embossed tin necklace she made and a tiny scrap of practice aluminum, so I used my metal-working tools (I really do have everything) on the practice scrap to roll out her design and flatten the piece, then taped it to a metal design template and tooled the design into the aluminum. I cut the piece out and glued it to the opening of the tab. For the legs, I figured I should stick with somewhat metallic colors. I love the mixture of copper and tin with punched aluminum products. I'm very satisfied with this spider because it is made from upcycled pieces, cost nothing to make, and wasn't on my list of ideas.

Materials: embossed aluminum, aluminum tab, copper and lavender bugle beads, bronze-tone and silver seed beads, silver wire