Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

#156: Cinnabar Spider

I love cinnabar beads. They're like carved wood, except that they're red. Did you know that true cinnabar (which I'm guessing this is not) is technically the mineral known as cinnabarite red mercury sulfide? It's the common ore of mercury.

I wonder about adding a gold tassel to this spider. It just looks like a tassel would really complete it. But I find that there's typically not enough time in the day for me to brainstorm finishing touches to my spiders. This challenge was definitely easier in the beginning when I had a vast variety of beads/supplies and loads of ideas. At this point, I've used all of my beads and most of my good ideas. And as I approach each new day by frantically groping for the next spider epiphany (and the supplies to make it!), I really have some doubts about doing 365 days of this project. I'm STILL not even halfway through. Fall will be here before I know it, and that's my prime time for selling on Etsy, so I'm afraid of how I'm going to juggle my creative time with my responsibilities as mom, homework enforcer, production designer, freelancer, etc. And then there's that small task of creating a display for 20 of my spiders for the YorkArts Gallery Biological Aesthetics Exhibit in September. I need to take some hints from Henry David Thoreau...pack up my things and hide away where I can focus on the work that makes me most happy!

Materials: cinnabar focal bead, glittery gold bead, red glass bead with gold flecks, red and gold bugle beads, red and gold seed beads, gold wire