Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

#128: Secret Garden Spider (1 of 2)

I thought I'd make a fun set of Secret Garden spiders. After all, what better place to find these spiders than in a magic garden the likes of Frances Hodgson Burnett. The secret garden in Burnett's book symbolizes regeneration and healing. The main character, Mary, has been uprooted from everything she knows to be family and home, and she spends her time scoping out the grounds of a strange place with no friends and no one to guide her...until she discovers how to get into the secret garden. I think that Burnett and Beatrix Potter could have produced some interesting works together. I saw a Beatrix Potter garden exhibition in St. Paul when I was in college, and it was just beautiful, even for an indoor exhibit. Small Kinkade-like cottages were surrounded by lavender and heather and other aromatic wildflowers. I wished I could move into the pretend village.

Materials: antiqued key, ribbon, gold and lavender bugle beads, sage green seed beads, coral bugle bead segments, lime green floral wire