Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

#146: Father Knows Best Spider

Okay, not everyone's dad is a grease monkey or remotely talented around cars--including my dad--but advertisers have it in their head that dads need either more tools or more ties. I think we really need to examine the interests of the men in our lives, don't you? I've never seen a television or newspaper touch on the perfect gift for my dad or my husband (or for me on Mother's Day, for that matter). Alas, this spider was bound to be either a tie or a toolbox, and I had the idea for a toolbox shortly after I saw an online tutorial on making a small gift box for a dad out of a red-painted Altoids tin with a U-bar (or whatever it's called) attached. The "handle" I used is one half of a clothing clasp.

Materials: metal box charm (painted), clothing clasp piece, round metal bead, metal letter charm, black and silver bugle beads, silver seed beads, black teardrop beads, silver wire