Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

#190: Not So Cowardly Lion Spider (#2 in Oz series)

The second of 4 Oz spiders that I'm going to create (#152 was my Tin Woodsman spider) is the lion who gets a bad rap for being cowardly but is cured in the end. He gets a shiny medal, kind of like the one I used to make this spider, and becomes, once again, king of the forest.

It was rather lucky not just that I found a locket pendant that resembled a medal but that I actually had a coin (a Tim Holtz finding) that had a "C" for "Courageous." Some Ruby Slippers nail enamel, plus a red garnet, make the medal extra sparkly and special. I hesitate to point out that the real Dorothy (that is, L. Frank Baum's Dorothy) didn't actually sport ruby slippers. Imagine my disappointment when I read the book and discovered that Dorothy's shoes were silver. I'll get to the Dorothy spider soon enough, but she and the scarecrow require a lot more thought.

Materials: brass locket pendant, brass courage coin, red garnet, brass spacer, brown plastic bead, gold and iridescent brown bugle beads, brown and red seed beads, gold wire