Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

#218: Limeade Spider

Today's spider is sort of an intermission to some truly great spiders. I occasionally have NO good ideas or not enough time for a really great one, so I fill in my project with something colorful but less meaningful. My neighbor came over this morning and asked to see my spider project so far. She last saw my project about 50 spiders ago and said that the most recent box of spiders (I store my spiders in pizza boxes and can fit about 30-40 per box) was filled with my best ideas so far. I was actually a little surprised to hear someone say that. By the time I reached 200, I was feeling pretty dried up. Maybe in knowing that, I was actually kicking things up a notch, attempting to outdo myself and to keep my creativity from sliding down into an abyss.

I am still going strong at 218 and am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I don't mean that to sound negative...like I'm trying to escape something dark. But the truth is, this project is sometimes draining. It keeps me from other projects and activities. It forces me to constantly think about how to turn something into something it isn't. I'm always scratching around for objects that resemble spiders, which is how macaroni caught my attention. Everything is a spider. Even macaroni and cheese. I eat, sleep, and breathe spiders and quite possibly won't know how to live without them in January, when I finish my project.

So enjoy this intermission.

Materials: green plastic beads, green seed beads, lime green and cream seed beads, green wire