Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

#209: Summer Pond Spider

I bought what I thought was a copper leaf finding at a bead shop and took it home to torch it and watch the colors change (and use it for a copper spider), but when I discovered it wasn't copper, I decided to take a different approach. The green/orange/gold color scheme was very vivid in my mind's eye, and it even turned out the way I envisioned it, with small brass dragonflies glued all over. I kept thinking of the way dragonflies skim across ponds in the summer light, and I wanted a spider that would reflect the light and shadow of these colors on a pond.

Materials: painted metal leaf finding, tan pearl bead, green marbled glass bead, green and orange bugle beads, green and orange seed beads, silver wire