Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

#205: Cave Painting Spider




Handmade pendants from the Taylors Falls Bead Store, MN
Ideas are everywhere, especially in bead shops. I love coming across handmade pendants and beads because they're so unique and original, and when I stumbled on these cave painting pendants, I knew I had to attempt one for a spider. I painted a polished black stone with browns, coppers, and golds until I came up with the right backdrop for my design. Then I painted cave designs with black, copper, and dark bronze to celebrate a few other 365 Days of Creativity projects.

Three other blogs that I follow share something in common with my spider project: roundness. Tara of Sun A Day, Ange of The Daily Turtle, and Heidi of A Snail A Day! are making something every day for a year, too. I often see Tara's suns and think of my spiders, and Ange's turtles are round leggy critters just like my spiders. How Heidi goes about her daily brainstorming for her snails is something I can identify with, and I think it's true that we all help each other brainstorm for our projects. So the cave painting on my spider is a snail swirl within a sun within a turtle.

Materials: polished stone, paint, brown plastic leaf bead, black and iridescent brown bugle beads, multi-tone brushed metallic and iridescent brown seed beads, silver wire