Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

#203: Scorpider (Scorpion Spider)

I guess I'm just sick of looking at and making spiders that look like spiders. Now that I've come across countless plastic dollar store insects and have access to lots of metallic and antiquing paints (and clear seal), it's fun to make some spider hybrids. I've made a bat spider, a hermit crab spider, and some other interesting mutant spiders, so what's one more? This scorpion needed a little more umph in the way of metallic red and copper paints and having its tail suspended over its body rather than curled off to one side like some cheap plastic-molded bug. I removed 6 of the plastic legs in order to replace them with much cooler beaded legs, but the pincers had to stay.

Materials: plastic scorpion, head pin, red rondelle bead, red faceted teardrop bead, red/black and red coral bugle beads, red and black seed beads, gold wire