Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

#206: MerSpider

Because MerSpider could potentially be a man or a maid (I'm not good at determining the sex of a spider, especially these), I'm afraid you'll have to use your imagination for the torso. No, really, use your imagination, because I chose the ivory/gold bead intentionally. Do you see why? I didn't want anything human (as far as a head/torso) for this spider, and it was a challenge to find beads that I liked to go with this sort of slapped together fish tail pendant. I severed a metal mermaid pendant at the waist so that I could attach the body/fin to a teardrop pendant that had a scale-like pattern. I had to bend and glue the pieces together, then wrap them in aluminum foil so they would look seamless, then paint the bejeezus out of the pendant to ensure that the aluminum and the paint wouldn't chip away. I wanted to use shiny greens and blues for the spider, so I surprised myself by falling for ivories and golds, too. Even an ivory and gold-painted clam shell is helpful in accessorizing this spider (and hiding a lot of rather ugly wire bits in the center).

Materials: metal pendants, aluminum foil, paint, clear seal, metal clam shell charm, vintage plastic floral-etched bead, blue flower bead, blue and ivory bugle beads, sea foam green and gold seed beads, lime green floral wire