Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

#196: Plum in the Library Spider (#1 in the Clue series)


I was messing around with some plum-colored beads and trying to come up with a name when my thoughts naturally turned to dear Professor Plum of Clue game fame. This spider is perhaps slightly too effeminate to be considered male, but what kind of professor wears all purple?! And where would you find Professor Plum? In the study, of course. The real question is: Is it the candlestick, the dagger, the lead pipe, the revolver, the rope, or the wrench? I don't think the good professor's education would have allowed for any weapons training, so he might very well just go for the first thing he finds. The candlestick, don't you think?

My grandma had Clue in a closet in her family room. It was missing some pieces and the instructions, so my brother and I had to get creative about how to play the game. But I loved the little murder weapons and the game characters with their specific color preferences. My favorite was Mrs. Peacock. When the game was released in vintage (1970s) packaging a few years ago, with the same design as my grandmother's game, I had to have it.

I urge you to visit Wikipedia and read about the history of the Clue game. Some versions have additional characters, other murder weapons, and additional mansion rooms. Very interesting. This spider is more purple than the picture shows. Now I have to find just the right beads for the other characters.

Materials: light yellow glass bead, wrapped brass floral finding (with purple rhinestone), glass purple bead, brass head pin, iridescent lavender and ivory bugle beads, purple seed beads, brass disc beads, burgundy wire