Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

#275: Resin Spider

I wish I could make a true amber spider, especially amber with a bug in it, but the real thing costs a lot of money, and for now I have to keep my spider project at a reasonable cost. I saw this idea on Etsy (from ImpossibleFossils) to use resin (and a good resin dye, which I don't have) to embed things like watch parts inside. I think that's about as good as you can get without amber, so I tried it myself using a mix of food coloring and soap dye. I do have resin colorants but only opaque colors, and I don't have cabochon molds, so I used a flexible Wilton cake pop mold. Do you REALIZE the creating potential of all of the products out there? You can use ice cube trays as molds for dozens of projects, too, and they're a dime a dozen.

Materials: resin cabochon with watch parts, agate bead, acrylic amber bead, burgundy bugle beads, iridescent orange bugle beads, translucent gold seed beads, acrylic brown spacer beads, gold wire